All you need to know about Swedish Dishcloths
What is a Swedish Dishcloth?
The marvelously absorbent Swedish dish cloths are a wonder in the kitchen. You'll never want to go back to sponges or regular cloths when you see how they work. They soften when wet & wash & dry like a dream. Kitchen surfaces are virtually streak-free. Made of 70% cellulose and 30% cotton, they're durable (just wash them in your washing machine). And since they are all natural you can even compost them should you tire of them. They're more sanitary than sponges - they dry out more quickly. Use them instead of paper towels to blot up spills -- they absorb 15 times their weight in water. And the motifs will give your kitchen a Scandinavian accent!
The History of the Swedish Dishcloth
Back in 1949 a Swedish man engineered a new material out of natural & renewable fibers. The Swedish dishcloth follows Scandinavian tradition of form and function -- which must be why it is used all over Scandinavia. In Scandinavia, it is common for dish towels to be reused. Across the Nordic, paper towels are rarely used. Scandinavians follow the motto of reuse and recycle naturally.
Replaces paper towels + sponges
These cloths are a huge hit with Eco-conscious and cost driven consumers. Replace paper towel with Swedish dishcloths - one of these cellulose & cotton dishtowels does the work of 17 rolls of paper toweling! Swedish dishcloths are more durable and hygienic than a slow-to-dry, bacteria-ridden sponge. Each individual Swedish dishcloth can be thrown in the dishwasher (top rack) or washing machine for over 200 cycles!
- 3,000 tons of paper towels end up in our country’s landfills every day.
- One Swedish Dishcloth replaces 17 rolls of paper towels.
- It absorbs 16x its weight.
- It is far more hygienic than a sponge and won’t crumble or pill.
- It air dries quickly, so it doesn’t breed bacteria or smell.
- Cleans most household surfaces & more!
Perfect for household chores, from cleaning up spills to polishing.
- Can be used with just water, soap, or cleaners.
- Cleans counter tops, granite, stainless steel and glass.
- Cleans streak-free.
- Use the super soft cloth for cleaning your children.
- Cleans dishes easily and efficiently
- Pro tip: The backside of the cloth is the scrubby side
Can be washed over 200 times
- It can be cleaned in the washing machine or in the top rack of the dishwasher.
- It can also be boiled or microwaved (when damp) for 30 seconds.
- Hang over the faucet or lay flat to air dry. Do not tumble dry.
Lasts 9-12 months and is biodegradable
- It is 100% natural and printed with water based inks.
- You can even compost it!
So what are you waiting for?
Embrace Scandinavian simplicity, functionality, and aesthetics with these eco-friendly dishcloths that are decorated with whimsical motifs, which include graphics, birds, animals, seasonal and holiday themes!
[productowlcarousel title="Popular Swedish Dishcloth Designs" handle="swedish-dishcloths" columns_product="5" product_in_list="20" interval="10000"]
- Touch of Finland