An excellent general purpose knife!
The Marttiini Arctic Carving Knife is made of traditional carbon steel that is perfect for carving wood, and easy to re-sharpen to its original sharpness when needed. The handle is made of Finnish curly birch, making each piece unique. The knife is protected with a beautiful natural colored leather sheath. The knife is suitable for the daily use of both campers and craftsmen as well as for fishermen and hunters.
To maintain a carbon steel blade, it's important to dry it carefully after each use. It's also good to treat it regularly with unsalted oil, like cooking oil for example. A carefully maintained carbon steel blade will remain rust free and has a very long life.
- Brand: Marttiini Oy
- Designed in Finland, Made in Finland
- Length of Blade 9 cm (3.55 in)
- Total Length: 19.5 cm (7.68 in)
- Blade Material: Carbon Steel
- Blade Hardness: 55-57 Rockwell units (HRC) (chromium 3%, carbon 0,75%, HRC 55-57)
- Handle Material: Waxed Curly Birch
- Sheath Material: Leather