The Lynx Knife 129 is a great value for your money, if you are looking for a budget friendly Finnish knife. This traditional Puukko, designed by the founder of Marttiini, is an excellent general purpose knife for all outdoor activities. The sharpness of the Marttiini stainless chromium steel blade is legendary, the handle is of beautiful Finnish birch instead of curly birch, allowing for a lesser cost. Albeit the cost, the knife still has design and decorations on the sheath that reflec Finland's strong Lappish knife making traditions.
Finland is known for producing utilitarian yet decorative Puukkos which means Knives in English. Puukkos have been made in Finland by the Sami peoples since the introduction of steel to their homeland in Northern Finland. Since 1928, J Marttiini has crafted a wide variety of popular Puukko style finnish knives made with natural Scandinavian materials and Sami design.
- Length of Blade 11 cm / 4.33"
- Length of Handle: 11 cm / 4.33"
- Blade Material: stainless chromium steel
- Blade Hardness: 53-54 Rockwell units (HRC)
- Handle Material: birch, varnished
- Sheath Material: leather
- Designed in Finland, Made in Finland
- Vendor Number: 129010
- Care Instructions: A diamond sharpener is recommended for stainless chromium steel blades.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.