The iittala Toikka Minneapolis bird is part of a collaborative collection called Bird and the City. Only 200 total have been produced, making the numbered beauty a must-have for Toikka collectors and those who love or live in Minneapolis.
The clear body is embellished with windswept lines to symbolize Minneapolis' wintry weather, while a band of green graces the back as an ode to the flowing Mississippi river. Much like the fluid form of the water itself, the exact size, shape, and placement of this detail varies. This holds true for the entire mouth-blown and handcrafted bird as each one is a unique piece of glass art. The birds of Oiva Toikka's 2016 collection are individually mouth-blown by the master glassblowers at iittala’s glassworks in Finland. Each handcrafted iittala Toikka Minneapolis Bird carries the signature “O. Toikka IITTALA Minneapolis Bird” and is numbered on its base to ensure authenticity.
- Brand: iittala
- Designer: Oiva Toikka
- Product family: Toikka Glass Birds
- Material: Hand-blown glass
- Measurements: 8-1/4" L x 4-1/4" W x 4" H (21 x 11 x 10 cm)
- Country: Designed in Finland, Made in Finland
- Primary Color: Clear / Green
- Signed: O Toikka Nuutajärvi and numbered