Marttiini designed this general purpose knife with the legendary Lynx blade and a beautiful waxed curly birch handle, complimented by a comfortable finger guard. This Finnish knife has a blade made of carbon steel that is perfect for carving and is easy to sharpen to its original sharpness when needed. The knife is suitable for the daily life of both campers and craftsmen as well as for fishermen and hunters. This Finnish Puukko comes with a handcrafted custom leather sheath.
Finland is known for producing utilitarian yet decorative Puukkos which means Knives in English. Puukkos have been made in Finland by the Sami peoples since the introduction of steel to their homeland in Northern Finland. Since 1928, J Marttiini has crafted a wide variety of popular Puukko style finnish knives made with natural Scandinavian materials and Sami design.
- Length of Blade 11 cm / 4.33"
- Length of Handle: 12 cm / 4.73"
- Blade Material: stainless steel
- Blade Hardness: 53-54 Rockwell units (HRC) (chromium 13%)
- Handle Material: curly, waxed
- Sheath Material: leather
- Designed in Finland, Made in Finland
- Vendor Number: 167015
- Care: A diamond sharpener is recommended for sharpening chromium steel.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.