The traditional Marttiini Lynx Knife now comes with a forged steel blade. The blade is made of carbon steel and is perfect for carving; it is also easy to sharpen to its original sharpness. To maintain your Marttiini carbon steel blade, it's important to dry it carefully after each use. It's also good to treat it regularly with unsalted oil, like cooking oil for example. A carefully maintained carbon steel blade will remain rust free and has a very long life.
Finland is known for producing utilitarian yet decorative Puukkos which means Knives in English. Puukkos have been made in Finland by the Sami peoples since the introduction of steel to their homeland in Northern Finland. Since 1928, J Marttiini has crafted a wide variety of popular Puukko style Finnish knives made with natural Scandinavian materials and Sami design.
- Length of Blade 11 cm / 4.33 inches
- Length of Handle: 12 cm / 4.73 inches
- Blade Material: carbon steel
- Blade Hardness: 55-57 Rockwell units (HRC) (chromium 3%, carbon 0,75%)
- Handle Material: curly birch
- Sheath Material: leather
- Designed in Finland, Made in Finland
- Vendor Number: 131012
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.