The legendary Marttiini New Handy knife has been considered a legendary model for decades. During the 70s, practically every household in Finland owned this Handy knife. The design of this knife makes it a great general purpose knife, the shortish blade of this knife is practical for jobs that require precision such as peeling vegetables or carving wood. The handle is made of curly birch, sourced from the curly birch belt, in Central Finland and waxed to preserve the woods beauty.
Finland is known for producing utilitarian yet decorative Puukkos which means Knives in English. Puukkos have been made in Finland by the Sami peoples since the introduction of steel to their homeland in Northern Finland. Since 1928, J Marttiini has crafted a wide variety of popular Puukko style finnish knives made with natural Scandinavian materials and Sami design.
- Length of Blade 7.5 cm / 2.95"
- Length of Handle: 10 cm / 3.94"
- Blade Material: stainless chromium steel
- Blade Hardness: 53-54 Rockwell units (HRC)
- Handle Material: curly birch, waxed
- Sheath Material: leather
- Designed in Finland, Made in Finland
- Vendor Number: 511017
- Care Instructions: A diamond sharpener is recommended for stainless chromium steel blades.
Questions & Answers
Have a Question?
Be the first to ask a question about this.