Finnish design legend Oiva Toikka’s iconic collection of Iittala glass birds took flight in 1972. Combining his passion for nature and blown glass art, each bird is a truly a one of a kind art object. Handcrafted and mouthblown at the Iittala Glass Factory, the collection embodies a rich fusion of glassmaking traditions and Toikka’s partnership with his master craftsmen. Birds by Toikka Little Summer Grouse invokes the sun. Her small honey coloured head sits on top of a solid neck and golden body speckled with translucent marks. The curvy brown lines across her body give her a rich plumage.
- Brand: Iittala
- Designer: Oiva Toikka
- Country: Designed in Finland, Made in Finland
- Material: Mouthblown Glass
- Measurements: 6" L x 4" H (15 x 10 cm)
- Primary Color: Brown, Gold
- Signed: O Toikka Nuutajärvi