This special Marttiini knife is fitted with a bronze ferrule in the shape of a Moose head. In Finland, the moose is considered to be 'King of the Forest'. The precious color of the curly birch handle is achieved by thermal treatment of the wood and protective wax, which also provides the handle with excellent protection against moisture. The blade is made from carbon steel. Includes a wooden gift box, perfect for any gifting occasion.
The inscription on the tag reads,
The moose - born among the stars of the sky.
Ultra-fast, too fast for hunters.
Big, awesome and mythical horned head,
the king of the forest.
This knife is delivered in a wooden gift box.
- Brand: Marttiini Oy
- Designed in Finland, Made in Finland
- Blade length: 11 cm (4.3 in)
- Full length: 24.5 cm (9.6 in)
- Blade Material: Carbon Steel
- Handle Material: Heat-treated Waxed Curly Birch, Bronze Ferrules
- Sheath Material: Leather, Black
Bought this as a gift for an avid hunter. It was worth the wait. The attention to detail and the quality are outstanding.